Coder Merlin Discourse

Do technology companies have a moral obligation to protect their clients from harm (W1339B)

I personally believe that technology companies do not have a moral obligation to protect their clients. Because I believe that as long as clients are aware of the risk, they should be able to decide if they want to proceed or if the risk is too great.

Yes I do believe that technology companies have a moral obligation to protect their clients from harm. For example, people that aren’t very tech-savvy may fall into certain traps that allow themselves to get scammed. And technology companies should make it a priority to protect all customers from potential scammers and hackers. Although most clients may be aware of the risks coming with technology, some people do not and thus need protection from those tech companies.

I believe that companies are responsible for their customers because their customers are paying them money, so they have the role for protecting their customer. If the client finds out that the company they are paying for is not protecting their information, that would be bad to the company, and may lead to lawsuits. I would say that it’s best for companies to protect their clients so that there won’t be as many consequences in the future.

I believe they have to protect their clients from getting harmed. They need to protect them because if they don’t protect them then clients will end up leaving to companies who do protect there clients.

Yes, I do believe that Technology Companies have a moral obligation to protect their clients from harm that can come from their product

I agree with the statement that they have to protect there clients and not a=cause any harm to there clients.